Placemat Purse

11:28 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
I have been reading tons of tutorials about how to make a simple tote bag.  Well, I am new to sewing, but I was aching to give it a whirl.  I have read so many tutorials, I can't even begin to tell you where I found the best instructions on how to do this.  BUT, I decided there was no reason to not make it even easier.  SO, I bought (on clearance, of course) 2 place mats at Kohl's that had this awesome fringe on the ends.  Then I stitched 'em together, boxed the bottom, turned down the top to show the pretty fringe and stitched on some belt strapping.  Oh, yeah...I forgot I did embroider a big initial on one of the place mats before I started.  Anyway, I love my bag!  Hope you find some time soon to squeeze a little craft out of your day.  (o:





0 folks got something to say: